Oil and Gas
Oil and gas companies face distinct and exacting challenges regarding regulatory, environmental, and permitting issues, volatile commodity markets, varying demand, and the matter of safety for personnel, contractors, and the public. ESC is well versed in developing solutions for our oil and gas clients with a diverse range of expertise over the past four decades, most specifically in refining, midstream/pipeline, and production/well field.
Electrical infrastructure improvements for a refinery can enhance reliability, expand and optimize process units, update antiquated equipment, and improve workplace safety. Primary deliverables for ESC includes the design of infrastructure and power systems as well as instrumentation and control systems to support existing capacity and future expansion, while ensuring safe work conditions. A plant/facility turnaround requires a dynamic and focused effort to orchestrate and manage operational and sequencing activities while maintaining output and minimizing outages and involves intricate project coordination with many stakeholders.
ESC provides engineering services to provide sufficient energy capacity for our exploration and production clients which includes design, routing, construction and equipment specifications, safety and system reliability, contract management, and SCADA and automation for a wide range of transmission projects.
Oil and Gas Expertise:
- Power System Design
- Instrumentation, Control Systems, and Automation
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Arc Flash Hazard Assessments and Safety Specifications
- Construction Administration Support/Management and Field Supervision
- Power Quality and Harmonic Analysis
- Electrical Power System Studies (Short Circuit, Load Flow, Protective Device Coordination)
- System Protection and Relaying
- Substation, Distribution, and Transmission Design
- GIS/Mapping and Integration