GIS/Mapping and Integration
A geographic information system (GIS) covers a wide array of applications, and the necessity to develop relevant and streamlined solutions is becoming increasingly crucial to monitor assets, manage resources, and effectively plan. These systems can be designed for use in a myriad of ways from basic maps to fully intelligent management systems. For a growing number of electric utilities, municipalities, and energy companies, a GIS is just one component of an integrated enterprise system that can include business and accounting software, engineering analysis tools, and real-time monitoring systems such as SCADA.
ESC implements GIS solutions based on industry best practices, current standards, ever-changing technology, and a deep familiarity with major vendors and applications. We extend basic GIS by providing custom integration services to broaden each application’s reach and capabilities to network infrastructure facilities, overlay assets, and share information and institutional knowledge. We help to streamline efficiency and information sharing of utility assets and integrate functionality and real time access, while reducing the chance for outages and increasing reliability for customers.
Upgraded fiber infrastructure systems provide utilities and municipalities with increased worker safety and system reliability, enhanced asset life-cycles, and further automation of manual processes. The challenge in leveraging investments in fiber networks lies in the ongoing management of infrastructure assets and ESC provides the tools, training, and advisory services necessary to ensure ongoing success for fiber management initiatives.
GIS/Mapping and Integration Solutions:
- Facilities GIS Mapping, Maintenance, Database Updates, and Inventory
- Implementation and Systems Integration
- Fiber System Management Systems
- Plant Valuation and Database Development
- Pole Management Services, Inventory, Numbering, Database, and GIS Integration
- Technical Support and Training
- ArcGIS Online Implementations – Web Enabled Maps and Mobile Mapping Applications
- ArcGIS Server and Portal
- ESRI Utility Network Implementations and Data Conversions
- Software and Database Upgrades