Transmission and Distribution
Transmission and distribution systems are the backbone of any utility system. The myriad of obstacles, difficult terrain, and environmental aspects of these projects are all in a day’s work for our skilled engineering teams. ESC embraces our client’s needs, from initial routing and permitting, to design and staking, cost estimates, and line inspection.
For transmission systems, increasing capacity and improving reliability are the prime drivers for new and upgraded lines. The Rocky Mountain region is ESC’s home and provides some of the most challenging terrain, which provides ample opportunities to develop unique solutions for the most daunting problems. ESC has an experienced staff with diverse backgrounds and familiarity with applications up to 345kV.
For distribution systems, we utilize the latest tools in developing design and construction standards as well as field services where automating staking and integration with GIS and mapping systems are becoming the norm. We coordinate with and oversee utility crews and contractors to ensure that design standards and RUS guidelines, where applicable, are satisfied and in compliance.
Transmission and Distribution Solutions:
- Routing (Transmission Line and Access Road)
- Permitting and Right-of-Way
- Construction Inspection and Staking
- Structural Analysis
- GIS/Mapping Analysis and Implementation
- Specifications and Contracts for Materials, Equipment, and Construction
- Span Determinations
- Sag and Tension Design for all Conductor/Wire Types
- Plan and Profile Drawings
- Structure Assembly Drawings and Materials Lists
- Project Design Calculations Book
- SCADA and Communication Systems
- Communication System/Fiber Optic Make-Ready Analysis
- Construction Contract Administration and Management
- Project Record Documentation
- EPC Project Approach and Execution